Last updated on MARCH 07, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Correspondence - Version 7.5.3  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Professional)
Version: 7.7.2 
Database: Oracle 184.108.40.206
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2481428231.
We have the following scenario:
1 A user clicks a "Generate Letter" button that creates an HTML document, and that document is attached to an Activity.
2 After selecting that Attachment, the user clicks a "Send Letter" button that:
- retrieves the attachment using the InvokeMethod("GetFile") method and creates a copy of the attachment in a file
- reads the file, get's the contents, and copies those contents to an "Email body" string
- calls the InvokeMethod("SendMessage",Inputs,Outputs) to send an email message, using the "Email body" as the "MsgBody" property of the "SendMessage"
The results are:
- the email message is sent
- however, when the message is viewed in Outlook, it is displayed as plain text, even though the message includes this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
FONT-WEIGHT: 500; FONT-SIZE: 10px; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: arial
- I've created a new Internet SMTP/POP3 Server Communications Profile named "Development", with Profile Parameter Overrides including "text/html encoding" = True.
- I've set the SADMIN Communications Preferences to use the Development profile and sent HTML.
- I've set my personal Communications Preferences to use the Development profile and sent HTML.
Why won't this message display as HTML in Outlook? When I show the Properties screen in Outlook for the email, it shows "Plain Text".
We need to have this message sent as HTML.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms