Date Time & Phone formats for Inbound Integration Components
(Doc ID 540621.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 7.7.1  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
***Checked for relevance on 28-OCT-2013***
Product Release: V7 (Professional)
Version: 220.127.116.11 
Database: Oracle 18.104.22.168
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 4
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2500415341.
Have an Integration Object with Integration Component that has:
An Integration Component Field: Date
- has data type DTYPE_DATETIME and external data type DTYPE_DATETIME
- respective BC field has data type DTYPE_DATETIME
An Integration Component Field: Main Phone Number
- has data DTYPE_TEXT and external data type DTYPE_TEXT
- respective BC field has data type DTYPE_PHONE
XML produced using this IO:
- Format of data for Integration Component Field: Date - is MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS
- Format of data for Integration Component Field: Main Phone Number - is international eg. +610888374165
If using this IO to import data into Siebel via the EAI Siebel Adapter:
1) Does the data for these fields in the inbound XML have to match these formats exactly so it is loaded and able to be viewed by users in the user’s specific date & phone format? Ie. Phone number in the XML must include the + sign and have no spaces and Date in the XML must be in US format.
2) Can IC Date & Phone fields be configured to be accepted in other formats eg. Date DD/MM/YY HH:MM:SS, Phone (xx) xxxxxxxxxx
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document