Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager - Version 7.8.2 SIA  and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.8.2  Pub Sect
Database: Oracle 184.108.40.206
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2979249101.
***Checked for relevance on 23-Jun-2014***
""Checked for Relevance on 09-FEB-2016""
We have created some new columns on S_ORG_EXT and S_EVT_ACT. I want to run the EIM mapping wizard, but first I have some questions:
1. The table projects use object locking. This seems to interfere with the EIM mapping wizard
- It is not possible to run the wizard unless you have the project locked?
- It is not possible to get the project locked locally without either turning off object locking for those projects (undesirable) or by doing a local lock (definitely undesirable - how can I be sure that something outside of the individual object I have locked is not also changed locally? This would not get synced back to the server.)
- It is probably not a good idea to run the wizard on the server with the projects locked.
I have checked bookshelf (Bookshelf v7.8: EIM Table Mapping Wizard, Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications) , but it does not seem to have any advice on using the EIM wizard with object locking.
2. When I run the wizard, it will create mappings for all sorts of vanilla columns that do not have mappings in the vanilla EIM tables. I only want to create mappings for the few extension columns that I've added, not for the tens of other columns as well. Is there a way around this?
I am planning to put the mappings in the following tables: S_ORG_EXT > EIM_ACCOUNT and S_EVT_ACT > EIM_ACTIVITY
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms