Record Focus is Lost When Inserting New Records Via Siebel Operation in Task UI
(Doc ID 732676.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User are experiencing problems with Task UI behavior when using a Siebel Operation Insert step.
Task UI creates a new Activity against an Account, then displays the Activity to the user to fill in data:
1. User clicks "New Activity" button
2. Task UI inserts Activity record
3. Task View displays new Activity so user can fill in data (i.e., like "New Record" in the adhoc UI)
4. User clicks finish and record is committed.
The problem occurs at Step 3: Task UI loses context on the new Activity record (the Activity is inserted fine) if there are existing Activity records against the Account.
The following have been performed without success:
- Added a "Task Step Context" to both Siebel Operation and Task View steps (using the Row Id of the new record)
- Added a Siebel Operation Query step after the Insert (using the Row Id of the new record)
- Set the "Retain Applet Search Spec" and "Retain User Search Spec" to TRUE on the Task View.
However, if the "Defer Write Record" property on the Siebel Operation is set to TRUE, then the functionality works, as expected and the new record is in focus (at Step 3 above).
1. Is the problem described above expected behaviour?
2. Why does setting "Defer Write Record" to TRUE fix the problem? Bookshelf states setting it to TRUE means that data will not be validated. What data validation does it refer to here? When set to TRUE, BC field validation still triggers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document