Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
I'm having issues with TaskUI behaviour when using a Siebel Operation Insert step.
My Task UI creates a new Activity against an Account, then displays the Activity to the user to fill in data:
1. User clicks "New Activity" button
2. TaskUI inserts Activity record
3. Task View displays new Activity so user can fill in data (ie like "New Record" in the adhoc UI)
4. User clicks finish and record is committed.
The problem is at step 3. TaskUI loses context on the new Activity record (the Activity is inserted fine) if there are existing Activity records against the Account (see screenshots).
I've tried the following without success:
- Adding a "Task Step Context" to both Siebel Operation and Task View steps (using the row id of the new record)
- Adding a Siebel Operation Query step after the Insert (using the row id of the new record)
- Setting the "Retain Applet Search Spec" and "Retain User Search Spec" to TRUE on the Task View
However if I set the "Defer Write Record" property on the Siebel Operation to TRUE, everything works as expected, ie the new record is in focus at step 3 above.
So two questions here:
1. Is the problem described above expected behaviour?
2. Why does setting "Defer Write Record" fix the problem? Can you provide more information as to what this property does. Bookshelf states setting it to TRUE means that data will not be validated. What data validation does it refer to here? When set to TRUE, BC field validation still triggers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms