NULL target table for relation
(Doc ID 757559.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA  to 22.214.171.124  [Release V7 to V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Statement of what the issue is
Siebel/Platform: 126.96.36.199 SIA /Microsoft Windows XP
Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52
While running EIM task, the process fails with the following error:
Error SBL-EIM-00205: NULL target table for relation!
Error SBL-EIM-00205: Failed to load the application dictionary.
Sequence of steps/Steps to reproduce
1) Run CIAI wizard on base table S_PROD_INT to create case insensitive columns. This table would also have some extension columns (not case insensitive columns) for which the corresponding EIM Mappings have to be created.
2) Run EIM Mapping wizard, which will create mapping for custom extension columns. Running the wizard would also create mappings for case insensitive columns.
3) Apply the extension columns on physical schema using 'Apply' option in Tools or by running ddlsync. This process would synchronize the logical schema with physical schema with the custom extension columns.
4) Now, populate corresponding EIM table to load the base table S_PROD_INT.
5) Delete diccache.dat file from SiebSrvr\Bin directory so that EIM will recreate the file based on the new mappings created.
6) Run EIM job, which will fail with the error message mentioned above.
Loss of functionality
EIM task fails to complete and as a result the required data on base table is not getting loaded as per the business requirement. This only happens when case insensitive columns were created on the base table, for which the corresponding mappings were also created on the relevant EIM table. In addition, these case insensitive columns should not exist on the database, but in your environment they also exist on the physical schema.
What is working?
EIM works fine without the intervention of mappings of case insensitive columns on EIM tables.
What is expected?
It is expected that EIM to run successfully loading base table custom extension columns and other required columns by passing case insensitive columns.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document