Automatic relogin does not occur for Stateless SessionType.Error Code: 10944642 Error Message: Error: Inbound SOAP Message - Session Token is missing or invalid or has expired
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order to Cash Integration Pack for Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 11.3 to 11.3 [Release 11.3]
Siebel CRM Integration Pack for Oracle Order Management: Order to Cash - Version 3.1.1 to 3.1.1 [Release 3.1]
Siebel eCustomer - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 03-AUG-2016***
A customer is calling an inbound web service with siebel authentication and session management SOAP headers, and with SessionType set to Stateless.
The following information is included in Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel EAI Web Services, About Siebel Authentication and Session Management SOAP Headers, Table 7. Siebel Session Management and Authentication SOAP Headers:
“SessionType You use the SessionType SOAP header to define the type of session. Valid values are None, Stateless and Stateful:
Stateless. A new session is opened for an initial request and the session remains open for subsequent requests. Relogin occurs automatically (transparent to the user) if the session is closed. UsernameToken and PasswordText must be included as SOAP headers in the initial request to open a stateless session.”
The customer carried out some testing a found that, when a session has timed out and they call the web service again, a relogin does not occur automatically and the call fails with the error "session token supplied has expired".
- Go to eapps.cfg and change the value of SessionTimeout to 60 under "default" section
- Add SessionTokenTimeout = 2 under "eai_enu" ection in eapps.cfg
- Connect to server manager and run "list active task for comp eaiobjmgr_enu". Make sure this does not return any row
- Send a log in request with stateless type- this will return a session token. Copy the token.
- In server manager again run "list active task for comp eaiobjmgr_enu" -- this should show one task running
- Wait for one minute
- Again execute "list active task for comp eaiobjmgr_enu" in server manager -- this will show no rows returned
- Send another stateless request using the session token obtained from the log in request(step #4).
Remember to run it after one minute and before two minutes - so that by this time the eai session expires but the session token is still active.
ISSUE: Though the eai session expired, but since the session token is still active the request should have gone through - it should have done a transparent login. But it throws an error saying “Error Code: 10944642 Error Message: Error: Inbound SOAP Message - Session Token is missing or invalid or has expired”
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms