Last updated on MARCH 13, 2015
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  to 126.96.36.199 SIA  [Release V8]
Siebel CRM - Version 8.1  to 188.8.131.52  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It was reported that Siebel Audit Trail was not tracking DELETE operations for multiple business components. Other operations which were set up for auditing for these same business components were being tracked by Audit Trail properly.
The following example steps reproduce the issue:
- Enable auditing (New, Update, Delete) on a business Component (BusComp), such as Account:
- Go to Site Map > Administration - Audit Trail > Select Account under Audit Trail BusComp.
- Check New, Update, and Delete Operations for Audit.
- Select specific fields that end user will edit to be audited.
- Create a new Account record.
- Delete the Account record.
- Review the Audit Trail screen: Site Map > Audit Trail > Audit Trail Items view.
New records show the changes that you made to the Account Business Component. A record of the Account that was added is displayed in the Audit Trail Items view. A record of the same Account that was deleted is also displayed in the Audit Trail Items view.
A record of the Account that was added is displayed in the Audit Trail Items view.
There is no log of the Account record being deleted. There is no audit trail record identifying the respective Delete operation.
The issue was happening for several business components which were tested.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms