State Model on a Required Field Gives Inappropriate Error Messages (SBL-UIF-00299 and SBL-SVC-00149) When Field Is NULL
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM Service - Version 188.8.131.52  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-NOV-2015***
***Checked for relevance on 17-JUN-2014***
It was reported that the following error message was given when State Model had been implemented for the "Service Request" business component's "Status" field (which is a mandatory or required field.
 You do not have the privileges to change the value of field 'Status' from 'Closed' to ".(SBL-SVC-00149)"
This can be illustrated with the following steps:
1. Initially don't enabled any "State Model" on the field "Status" of "Service Request" BC.
2. Go to Service request screen and select any record and try to remove the existing data in the "Status" field and try to save it as null.
3. It will popup a message saying that, "SR Status is required field"..
4. Now, go to Administration - Application -> State Model and create a new record for the BC "Service Request" and for the "Status" field with some transitions and states.
5. Now repeat the step 2 it will throw the above error messages (SBL-UIF-00299 and SBL-SVC-00149).
It was expected that when the status field is NULL, the application should popup a message saying "SR Status is required field".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms