SetAdminMode Method Does Not Work in Local Database
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 188.8.131.52 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on 12-27-2010
When trying to use the SetAdminMode method to set the primary of the Sales Team MVG field for Oppty record in local database, the below error occurs:
"This operation is not available for read only field 'SSA Primary Field'.(SBL-DAT-00402)
Error near no filename:225 [SetFieldValue()]."
By following these steps the issue can be reproduced:
1) Rename sample database from sse_samp.dbf to sse_data.dbf, put it in the Client\Local folder
2) Open the cfg file, for the ConnectString under [Local] section, change it to point the file in step 1:
ConnectString = C:\Client\sse_data.dbf -q -m -x NONE -gp 4096 -c15p -ch25p
3) Login to Siebel Application using Local data source
4) Go to Administration - Business Service
5) Create a business service with the below scripts. Remember to change the Id's.
6) Simulate the business service, and you will get the read only error
Note, if rename the database back to sse_samp.dbf, place it in the Client/Sample/UTF8 folder, change the ConnectString under [Sample] section to point to sse_samp.dbf, then login to Siebel Application using the Sample data source, the scripts is able to run successfully without error and the primary is updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms