Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 7.7.2 SIA  to 184.108.40.206 SIA  [Release V7 to V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reviewed for relevance "28-JUl-2014".
””Checked for Relevance on 22-DEC-2015””
In standard, the "State" values are entered through LOV of TYPE 'STATE_ABBREV'. The length of the column that stores the "State" field value at the table level is 10. But we can have display value maximum of length 30 for the LOVs. We would get an error while picking the state LOV of length greater than 10.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Siebel Application, navigate to Administration - Data -> List Of Values view.
2. Query for LOV type as 'STATE_ABBREV'
3. Add an LOV value for this type of length greater than 10.
4. Save the changes and do a clear cache.
5. Now go to Accounts screen, create an address with the state that was created in the step 3.
6. When you save new address record, you will get the below error popped up.
 Wrong field values or value types detected in field State. Please re-enter your field values. If you need additional assistance, please refer to the documentation.(SBL-UIF-00299)
 Value too long for field 'State' (maximum size 10).(SBL-DAT-00235)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms