Sun Fire [TM] 3800-6900 Frame Manager FAQ
(Doc ID 1001696.1)
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Sun Fire 4810 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E6900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E4900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 6800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 3800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
The purpose of this document is to provide a better understanding of the Sun Fire[tm] Midrange server Frame Manager.
The scope of this Technical Instruction does not include the following systems:
Sun Fire [TM] 12K, 15K 20K, 25K systems as the the SC is not connected to the Frame Manager.
Sun Fire 3800/48x0/6800/4900/6900 Frame Manager FAQ
1) What does the Frame Manager monitor ?
2) How is the Frame Manager connected on a SF3800/SF4800/SF4810/SF4900 ?
3) How is the Frame Manager connected on a SF6800/SF6900 ?
4) How can I get the status of Rack Fan Trays, RTUs/RTSs and the Frame Manager ?
5) At what Firmware Version the SC, Frame Manager connection is supported ?
6) How can I verify that the SC successfully established a connection to the Frame Manager ?
7) What can I do when the SC lost the connection to the Frame Manager ?
8) What do the LED's on the Frame Manager mean ?
9) The fault LED on the Frame Manager is on. What should be done ?
10) In the Frame Manager LCD display a Hex, error code like looking number is displayed. What is this number ?
11) On the Frame Manager LCD display why is a MAC address shown instead of the Sun Logo ?
12) Why is a rotating ball instead of the rotating wrench shown on the LCD display of the Frame Manager ?
13) Can the Frame Manager be replaced without shutting the system down ?
14) How can the Frame Manager be rebooted ?
15) Is it possible to connect more then one server to the Frame Manager ?
16) Why does showplatform -p frame show only one RTU(two RTSs) when two RTUs(four RTS) are installed ?
17) Why is "Frame 080020:ffaa2b needs attention" message logged on the SC console ?
18) Why does showplatform -p frame say "Frame information is not available" ?
19) Does the Frame Manager notify the SC on errors or events ?
20) Does this FAQ apply to a SF12k SF15k SF20K and SF25K ?
21) Why is the Frame Manager LCD display blank ?
22) I still have questions who should you contact ?
My Oracle Support Community - Oracle Sun Technologies Community.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!