Sun[TM] GigaSwift Gigabit Ethernet Adapters First Checks
(Doc ID 1005843.1)
Last updated on MAY 09, 2018
Applies to:Sun Swift PCI Adapter - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Dual Gigabit Ethernet + Dual SCSI PCI Adapter - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun GigaSwift Ethernet MMF PCI Adapter - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Quad GigaSwift Ethernet UTP Adapter - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Quad GigaSwift PCI-X Adapter - Version Not Applicable and later
***Checked for relevance on 03-Jul-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 07-Apr-2017***
- Gigabit Ethernet is the IEEE standard for Ethernet at 1000 Mbit/s.
- Full Duplex operation allows simultaneous traffic in each direction, so the aggregate bandwidth is 2Gbit/s.
- GigaSwift is the third generation of Sun Gigabit Ethernet products.
- The GigaSwift driver supports two hardware types, capable of either 1 Gbit/s or 100 Mbit/s maximum speed.
- It operates on both fiber and copper cable.
- GigaSwift supports VLANs; it can decode VLAN tagged packets
- Older products are Gigabit Ethernet 1.x (vge) and Gigabit Ethernet 2.x/3.x (ge)
- Provide a "big pipe" for server connections to many clients or to backup systems.
- Provide services to different VLANS over one interface. GigaSwift can decode VLAN tagged packets
- Hardware TCP/UDP checksum generation, packet parsing and interrupt coalescing reduce CPU processing for increased server efficiency.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!