Solaris LDAP clients may be unable for some time to resolve information from Directory Server
(Doc ID 1007565.1)
Last updated on MAY 09, 2018
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 8.0 to 11.2 [Release 8.0 to 11.0]
Solaris systems that are configured to use LDAP as a Naming Service may become unable to resolve any information from a Directory Server, if:
- the "Account Lockout" feature is enabled on the server
- the special user proxyagent, that the client is using for binding to the server, becomes locked out.
- The command "ps -efa" does not resolve usernames any longer, and displays the numerical UIDs in its output
- The command "ls -la <directory>" does not resolve usernames/groupnames any longer, displays the numerical UIDs in its output
- LDAP users are unable to login to the system
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!