Sun Storage 3000 Arrays: Troubleshooting Disk Failures
(Doc ID 1008190.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2021
Applies to:Sun Storage 3511 SATA Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 3320 SCSI Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 3510 FC Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 3310 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
This document addresses troubleshooting disk devices in the following Sun Storage Arrays running 4.x firmware:
- Sun Storage 3310 Array
- Sun Storage 3320 Array
- Sun Storage 3510 Array
- Sun Storage 3511 Array
Symptoms may include:
- sccli> show disk shows failed or missing drive.
- sccli> show logical-drive indicates degraded or dead logical drive.
- sccli> show events reports drive failure, rebuild, bad blocks or recoverable error messages.
- drive replacement failures
- amber drive LED indicating failure
- multiple disk drive failures
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!