How to Use Solaris kmem_flags to Analyze Kernel Memory Problems for Solaris 8 and Newer
(Doc ID 1008944.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2021
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 8 and later
This document addresses the following questions:
- What is kernel memory?
- How much kernel memory is available?
- What happens if a system runs out of kernel memory?
- How can a kernel memory problem be detected?
- What kmem_flags are.
- How to set/unset kmem_flags.
- Why one would use them.
- Performance implications.
- Differences between Solaris revisions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!