Sun Fire [TM] SF3800/SF4800/SF4810/SF6800 - E4900/E6900 - V1280/E2900 - Netra 1280/1290 : Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Failures Using "flashupdate"
(Doc ID 1012962.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Sun Fire E2900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E4900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Netra 1290 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Netra 1280 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire V1280 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
In order to provide you the most accurate fix, we need you to validate that each statement under the symptoms below are true for your environment.
The symptoms which would lead to using this resolution path are:
- "flashupdate" does not start, gives an error, or does not complete.
- The system controller may have reset, and is now unresponsive.
- The installation or upgrade may seem to be corrupt, faulty or bad.
- The system controller may hang, pause, become unresponsive, or similar behavior during the upgrade process.
System Type and Configuration
- Sun Fire[TM] v1280
- Sun Fire[TM] E2900
- Netra[TM] 1280
- Netra[TM] 1290
- Sun Fire[TM] 3800 - Sun Fire[TM] E6900
- SC is able to communicate via the network
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!