Sun Fire [TM] SF3800/SF4800/SF4810/SF6800 - E4900/E6900 - V1280/E2900 - Netra 1280/1290 : Troubleshooting temperature warnings on multiple components
(Doc ID 1013119.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:Sun Fire 4800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E4900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 4810 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 6800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E2900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
This document addresses temperature warnings or errors on multiple components (board, repeater, etc) in Sun Fire [TM] 3800, 4800, 4810, E4900, 6800, E6900 and Sun Fire [TM] v1280, E2900, and Netra [TM] 1280, 1290 systems.
This document covers situations where the system is powered on, but warnings or errors related to temperature exist in the configuration. If you have only a single device in the chassis reporting temperature warnings, see <Document:1010052.1> for troubleshooting information related to that specific issue.
- System components report unusually high or low temperature warnings or messages.
- Fan Tray(s) may be marked Failed in showenvironment output from the System Controller.
- Domain(s) may be unable to be powered on, unable to be "setkeyswitched on", or booted; Or Domain functions may be completely unaffected by the errors, warnings, or Fan Tray status.
- The System Controller (SC) should be accessible
- Other systems in the same area or data center may also be reporting temperature errors, messages, or issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!