ACSLS - Can't Register RPC UDP Service
Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:Sun StorageTek Auto Cartridge Sys Lib SW (ACSLS) - Version 7.0 to 8.4 [Release 7.0 to 8.0]
***Checked for relevance on 09-Jun-2011***
***Checked for relevance on 28-Jul-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 12-Jul-2017***
1. ACSLS would not start
2. The following error messages show in acsss_event.log:
2005-08-23 10:45:56 CSI:
968 N csi_rpcuinit.c 1 256
ONC RPC: csi_rpcuinit(): status:STATUS_NI_FAILURE; failed: svc_register()
Can't register RPC UDP service
2005-08-23 10:45:56 ACSSA:
1441 N sa_demux.c 1 278
Server system network interface failure.
3. The command rpcinfo -p on the ACSLS server may fail.
4. The acsls service startup log may show messages like these:
[ Jul 11 18:02:08 Enabled. ]
[ Jul 11 18:02:08 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-acsls start") ]
/export/home/ACSSS/bin/acsls.startup: Initializing ACSLS.
acsls.startup: ACSLS database contains no ports.
Please import the database or configure the library using 'acsss_config'.
[ Jul 11 18:02:13 Method "start" exited with status 95 ]
Any of these system changes may have happened:
1. The server was rebooted and the RPC service was not enabled after the reboot.
2. A system change may have caused the RPC portmapper service to terminate or not start
3. A problem with the RPC service or any of its dependent services may have occurred
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms