Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Sun StorageTek 9840B Tape Drive - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun StorageTek 9840 Tape Drive - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun StorageTek 9840D Tape Drive - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun StorageTek T10000B Tape Drive - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun StorageTek 9940 Tape Drive - Version Not Applicable and later
*VolSafe Cartridges * The original write once, read many (WORM) tape-based storage solution, Oracle/StorageTek[TM]'s VolSafe secure media can be configured to meet the most stringent storage regulatory requirements, such as:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act2
- Securities Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Department of Defense Disclaimers VolSafe- and WORM-enabled tape drives provide fast access and high performance with non-erasable, non-rewritable formats. Data can be written on or appended to a tape cartridge until it is full. This data can NOT be overwritten or erased without destroying the cartridge. Unlike many other alternatives, /all /Oracle/StorageTek T-Series tape drives are VolSafe-technology-capable allowing the customer to simply purchase the media, not a new drive.
VolSafe and WORM cartridges can often be identified by the color, for example:
- T10000 cartridges use the color yellow to identify VolSafe cartridge.
- 9840 cartridges use the color green.
- LTO3 technology uses two-tone cartridges to identify WORM cartridges.
- SDLT drives can convert /standard data cartridges /into WORM cartridges 2.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act introduced highly significant legislative changes to financial practice and corporate governance regulations.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms