Sun Fire[TM] v1280, 3800, 4800, 4810, 6800, E2900, E4900, E6900 and Netra[TM] 1280, 2900 Servers: How to Collect scextended or 1280extended Explorer
(Doc ID 1019066.1)
Last updated on APRIL 20, 2021
Applies to:Sun Fire E2900 Server - Version Not Applicable to Not Applicable [Release N/A]
Sun Fire E4900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E6900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire V1280 Server - Version Not Applicable to Not Applicable [Release N/A]
Sun Netra 1280 Server - Version Not Applicable to Not Applicable [Release N/A]
This document describes how to run an scextended or 1280extended Explorer on Sun Fire[TM] v1280, 3800, 4800, 4810, 6800, E2900, E4900, E6900 and Netra[TM] 1280, 1290 servers.
- This document does not cover System Controllers (SCs) for Sun Fire[TM] 12K, 15K, E20K, E25K servers, which are SPARC technology based and run the Solaris Operating System. See Document 1538483.1 for information on Explorers and those platforms.
Available for this topic, a Video Tutorial; Brief how-to video tutorials that provide step-by-step instructions answering some of the most frequently asked questions. View the video answer and/or follow the detailed instructions below.
Running scextended or 1280extended Explorer on a Sun Fire system controller will collect information from the System Controller(s). The SC has access to the hardware level error and configuration information. The SC has a small amount of memory to store logs, the logs are lost if the SC is rebooted or power cycled.
A loghost needs to be setup as otherwise some failures are undiagnosable due to critical fault information being unavailable, see Document 1008676.1 'Best Practices' and configuring loghost on Sun Fire[TM] 3800,4800,4900,6800, and E6900 servers.
- Extended explorer has to be run on a system that is able to telnet or ssh into the SC.
- Frequently, the domain and the SCs are not on the same network.
- When this occurs, you might need to use explorer from the domain and scextended explorer from the loghost for troubleshooting purposes.
- Please use the most recent version of Oracle Explorer
- The latest version of Explorer can be downloaded via Oracle Explorer Data Collector - Product Information Center Document 1312847.1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!