Solaris Cluster 3.2 or higher Troubleshooting Sun Cluster Manager, SPM, Sun Plex Manager, Solaris Cluster GUI, CACAO, Java Web Console
(Doc ID 1021061.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:Solaris Cluster Geographic Edition - Version 3.2 to 3.3 U2 [Release 3.2 to 3.3]
Solaris Cluster - Version 3.2 to 3.3 U2 [Release 3.2 to 3.3]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
This document provides step by step troubleshooting for SunPlex Manager (SPM) GUI and CACAO integrated with Sun Management Center (SMC).
SunPlex Manager (SPM), aka. Sun Cluster Manager, is a web based GUI interface that you can use to do various cluster administration tasks such as: view the status of or make changes to cluster resource or resource group states, quorum devices, IPMP groups, interconnect components, and global devices.
It is deployed as a module of Sun Management Center (Symon) Java Webconsole using CACAO (Common Agent Container). Cacao is an 'horizontal' technology based on Java Management eXtension (JMX) and used by various internal Sun products, configurations and platforms. A cross-platform Java-based management daemon. It supports standard management models and protocols. It is a dynamically extensible container. To find and fix problems on it is not a small feat. This document will walk you through a few things you can do to resolve some of the errors you may see:
- "Error" An error was encountered by the system.
- java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
- WARNING: Unable to connect to the CACAO agent. The agent may be down or restarting
- May 25 15:30:48 node2 java: [ID 218067 user.debug] xxxx11_softtoken: Keystore access failed.
- the administration web-based GUI - data services wizards (clsetup) - cluster check in cluster mode - Solaris Cluster Geographic Edition
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!