Solaris Network Connectivity Troubleshooting and Data Gathering
(Doc ID 1264150.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2019
Solaris Operating System - Version 10 3/05 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
This document will discuss
1.) Requirements, recommendations and methods to troubleshoot and correct Ethernet network connectivity problems
2.) Requirements, recommendations and methods to collect data when opening an SR for Oracle Solaris support staff.
The following scenarios are covered:
- Interface reporting repeated "link up/link down" errors in /var/adm/messages
- No connectivity inbound or outbound (same subnet)
- No connectivity inbound or outbound (different subnet
- This host can't ping another host (same subnet)
- This host can't ping another host (different subnet)
- Another host can't ping this host (same subnet)
- Another host can't ping this host (different subnet)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.