Licensing Events are not Written in Real Time to Secure Global Desktop Logs
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 4.31 to 4.63 [Release 4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Secure Global Desktop (SGD) Administrator may observe a brief delay in writing licensing (or other) events in SGD logs.
1. Administrator adds the JServer logging filter:
2. A test user authenticates with the system, and displays a webtop.
3. The administrator verifies the existence of the generated license message, within license.log:
2011/02/09 15:48:30.415 (pid 20409) audit/license/info #129723411041
Consuming base license. Total now in use: 1.
4. ...then cross references the recorded entry with an event in the access_log of Apache.
192.168.100.23 - - [09/Feb/2011:15:48:23 +0900] "GET
/sgd/webtops/standard/webtop/opt.jsp?langSelected=en HTTP/1.1" 200 2233
5. Observing a ~7 second delay .
No changes have been made to the system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms