How to Collect SNMP Traps from Sun Hardware
(Doc ID 1308898.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2021
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 10 to 10 1/13 U11 [Release 10.0]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
Sun SPARC Sun OS
Sun 386i Sun/OS
This document will outline the availability of SNMP traps for system monitoring for Solaris 9 and Solaris 10.
An SNMP trap is message sent from a device (computer, router, printer, etc.) to a Network Management station. SNMP Traps are fully defined in RFC1157. The trap definitions are:
- Enterprise (which object sent the trap?)
- Agent address (where is the object located?)
- Generic Trap Type (which generic trap type?)
- Specific Trap Code (which specific trap code?)
- Time Stamp (what is the time between last initialization and trap generation?)
These traps contain the OID and related information that will report changes and other status of the sending device.
This document contains Oracle Solaris-specific information on the configuration of SNMP traps.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document