X Applications Do Not Display Correctly When Using Dexpot Virtual Workspace with Secure Global Desktop
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 4.6 to 4.6 [Release 4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
End users running Dexpot Virtual Workspaces on their local clients may report that application windows will "bleed through," corrupting the rendering of X11 applications provisioned by Secure Global Desktop.
This behavior is specific to Dexpot Virtual Workspaces. In order to reproduce this behavior, it is necessary to install Dexpot on a Windows 7 client machine.
1. Install Dexpot application on a Windows 7 machine.
Dexpot is free to download and use. Once activated it gives Microsoft Windows the ability to have multiple virtual workspaces much like UNIX/linux multi-desktop features (e.g. CDE panner). It can be downloaded from:
2. From a browser on the Windows 7 client, log into Secure Global Desktop (SGD) and launch a xterm/dtterm (the default one is fine).
3. From that dterm/xterm, launch multiple xterms/dtterms.
4. Distribute the dtterms/xterms across Dexpot Virtual Workspaces. By default,there are 4 workspaces.
5. Ensure the dtterms/xterms in different virtual workspaces overlap the same virtual area so that when you change workspace there's an overlap from the old to the new workspace.
6. Switch workspaces.
It is likely that underlying windows will "bleed through" and corrupt the SGD x11 app displays on any non active SGD windows in that workspace.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms