One alternative explanation for Exadata Connect: ossnet: connection failed to server 192.nnn.nnn.nnn, Result=5 (Login: sosstcpreadtry Failed)
(Doc ID 1353352.1)
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2022
Applies to:Exadata Database Machine X2-8 - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OSSNET messages may occur across multiple databases in a Exadata machine
- This is associated with user reported problems including:
- Poor performance - generic
- Multiple Connect: ossnet: connection failed to server messages seen at the same time
- Slow performance for logins
- Slow performance for query execution
None: this Exadata Machine was a 1/4 rack with 10 plus databases and most RAC ( resulting in several more instances for the same box)
Another 1/4 rack for the same user which included several databases also exhibited similar problems
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!