Acrobat Reader Reports "Adobe Reader could not open 'TTA1A.tmp'" When Printing via PDF with Secure Global Desktop
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 4.6 to 5.3 [Release 4.0 to 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the PDF Printing Feature in Secure Global Desktop (SGD) and printing to either the Universal PDF Viewer or the Universal PDF Printer from a supported Windows client and Adobe Reader version, the user may receive the following warning when Adobe Reader opens on the client machine:
This condition may occur:
1. regardless of the source file type e.g one line Word document, Notepad document, PDF, print test page, etc.
2. even when the client machine has the latest version of Adobe Reader installed.
This behavior may be isolated and confirmed by enabling tracing of Print Jobs on the SGD server, while watching for the following entry in the print_error.log file:
ESP Ghostscript 815.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
Note: If unfamiliar, the steps to enable tracing of Print Jobs on the SGD server are outlined below. These must be completed by the SGD administrator, on the host machine where Secure Global Desktop has been installed.
To enable tracing of Jobs through the SGD subsystem,
1. Edit the file: <INSTALL_DIR>/bin/scripts/lp_interface.en WHERE <INSTALL_DIR> is the SGD install directory, by default /opt/tarantella
2. Edit the file: <INSTALL_DIR>/bin/scripts/tta_print_converter
3. On the SGD server, run:
# <INSTALL_DIR>/bin/tarantella archive
4. Try printing again a couple of times. If this feature has been correctly enabled, it will write the trace output to: <INSTALL_DIR>/var/log/print_error.log
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms