Dynamic Display Resizing of Windows Applications Does Not Work as Expected with RANDR Feature
Last updated on DECEMBER 30, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 4.7 to 5.1 [Release 4.0 to 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Dynamic display resizing for Windows Applications does not appear to work as expected with Secure Global Desktop (SGD) 4.7, even for application objects with the new RandR feature enabled.
- Secure Global Desktop, version 4.7
- An Application Object configured to display a Windows application, with:
- Independent Window (IWM) display modality, and
- 800x600 Window size, and
- the RandR option enabled
- A connecting client that includes two displays, where Monitor 1 has a higher resolution than Monitor 2.
- The test user connects to SGD, and launches the application session on Monitor 1.
- The Application window is re-sized by the user, and moved to the client's lower resolution second Monitor.
- The window is shown incomplete on the smaller display, and no scroll bars are rendered to facilitate navigating.
- Closing or Suspending and resuming the application restores the session on Monitor 1, with the original size. dynamically re-sized to the resolution of Monitor 2.
Why is this application not resized as expected for the second display, even with a second launch of the session?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms