Console access requires the creation of a temporary user account.
(Doc ID 1491856.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Ops Center - Version 11g to 12.1 [Release 11.0 to 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following is observed when setting up the connection to allow the serial console through OpsCenter.
1. The account "xvmC<USERID>" was created ( this name changes for every create console access )
2. An entry is added to the /etc/passwd;
3. A password hash placed in /etc/shadow;
4. Home directory "/tmp/xvm/xvmC<USERID>" was created.
Questions : 1. Why the new user is located under "/tmp/xvm/xvmC<USERID>"
2. What happens to this account after system reboot ? ( /tmp wipe off so this file, do we need to setup console connection again ? , is this by design or a defect ?.
3. Does that mean we have to rerun the Serial Console Access Account Job every time the system reboots?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document