Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) Metadb Statedatabase, Error on Bad or Corrupt, Replica, Repair, State Database Resolution Path
(Doc ID 1501153.1)
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2021
Applies to:Sun Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) - Version 11.9.0 to 11.11 [Release 11.0]
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
This document is a Resolution Path. It aids in troubleshooting of metadb state database, metadb, state database, statedatabase, replica issues.
The following problems are addressed in this document:
4) How to verify underlying disks are accessible and healthy
5) Problems while repairing/adding SVM databases
6) Recovering From Insufficient Metadevice State Database Replicas
7) Creating replica database via metadb command returns I/O error
8) Sizes Of State Database Replicas
9) Panics related to metastate database issue.
10) Local filesystems on Solaris 10 may not be mounted at boot if they have been built on iscsi luns
or other fabric attached luns if Solaris Volume Manager metadbs are placed on those luns
metainit: demo: stale databases
Insufficient metadevice database replicas located.
Use metadb to delete databases which are broken.
metadb: hostname: cNtNdNsN: overlaps with cNtNdNsN which is mounted as '/'
metadb: hostname: /dev/rdsk/cNtNdNsN: I/O error
metadb: hostname: cNtNdNsN: device size xxxx is too small for metadevice database replica
panic string: md: Panic due to lack of DiskSuite state database replicas. Fewer than 50% of the total were available, so panic to ensure data integrity.
panic[cpu0]/thread=180e000: vfs_mountroot: cannot remount root
Solaris Volume Manager, SVM and Solstice DiskSuite Software, SDS metadumpdb: Usage and metadb Replica Layout (Doc ID 1003492.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document