Ops Center 12c Release 2 - Wrong use of dynamic private networks in cloud context when creating zones/ldoms vServers
(Doc ID 1521950.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Ops Center - Version 12C to 12C [Release 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the cloud context using zones or ldoms Server Pools, a user tries to create a vServer using a dynamic private network.
The job creating the vServer is expected to :
- connect the network to each server within the Server Pool
- associate the private network to the Server Pool
- create the vServer on one of these servers.
But actually, the job did just :
- connect the network to one single server within the Pool,
- create the vServer on this Server.
This is wrong as a shutdown/detach operation on the vServer followed by a startup on another server in the Pool, or an automatic recovery on failure, or a migration
operation, expect that this network is associated to each server within the Server Pool.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document