HP LTO - Unable To Upgrade Tape Drives' Firmware
(Doc ID 1523751.1)
Last updated on JUNE 15, 2018
Applies to:HP LTO6 Tape Drive - Version All Versions and later
LTO Tape Drive - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
HP LTO3 Tape Drive - Version All Versions and later
HP LTO4 Tape Drive - Version All Versions and later
HP LTO5 Tape Drive - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Unable to upgrade HP LTO5 drive firmware using SCSI Toolbox.
- Unable to downgrade HP LTO5 drive firmware using SCSI Toolbox.
- Unable to pull any relevant drive log information.
- Linux host running Quantum's StorNext Storage Manager application.
- StorNext host is directly attached to the library.
- The library is an SL3000 with FC interface enabled.
1. Another SL3000 library ( with HP LTO5 drives ) controlled by NetBackup does not have any issues with drive code upgrade using the SCSI Toolbox.
2. This problem may affect other SCSI/FC tape drives.
Problem happened during drive code upgrade.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document