Oracle Exalytics - Duplication Of TimesTen Optimizer Hints In TimesTen Database Connection Pool Object In OBI RPD
(Doc ID 1530705.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.12 [Release 11g]
Oracle Exalytics Software - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following TimesTen optimizer hints are automatically duplicated, during the start up of the Oracle BI server, in the 'Execute on connect' section of TimesTen connection pools, as seen in the repository file (RPD) using the Oracle BI Administration Tool:
These are the built-in TimesTen procedures that tell the TimesTen query optimizer how to behave. These procedures and options are documented in the TimesTen Database Reference Guide, here.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Create a TimesTen V11 database object, and corresponding connection pool, in an existing RPD.
2) Deploy the RPD, and start the Oracle BI server.
3) Make a small modification to the RPD in online mode. (e.g. rename a business model).
4) Check in the change, and save the RPD.
5) Review the 'Connection Scripts' tab, of the connection pool, to observe that the four TimesTen optimizer hint calls are added to the 'Execute on connect' section.
6) Restart the Oracle BI server.
7) Repeat Step (3).
8) Check in the changes, and save the RPD.
9) Notice that the following two calls are added, a second time, to the "Execute on connect" section of the connection pool, creating duplicate entries:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document