Unable to Map New Sun Storage 6000 or 2500-M2 Array Volumes to Hosts and/or Hosts Groups Because There is No Storage Domain License
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Sun Storage 6580 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 6780 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage Common Array Manager (CAM) - Version 6.9 to 6.9 [Release 6.0]
Sun Storage 2540-M2 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 2530-M2 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sun Storage Common Array Manager (CAM) does not allow mapping new Sun Storage 6180, 6580, 6780, 2540-M2 or 2530-M2 volumes to individual hosts or host groups. The symptoms are usually both of the following:
- While going through the mapping procedure, individual hosts or host groups are not presented.
- When looking at the licenses on the array, the StorageDomain license is disabled. You can list the licenses using one of the following method.
List the licenses using the CAM Command Line (CLI)
- Execute the following command on the CAM server:
List the licenses using the CAM Browser User Interface (BUI)
- Open CAM in your browser.
- Select the array.
- Go to Administration -> Licensing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms