Migrating an Existing Non-Global Zone on Solaris 10 System to Solaris 11
(Doc ID 1619436.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2022
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 10 and later
Solaris x64/x86 Operating System - Version 10 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Migrating an existing Solaris 10 (native) non-global zone running on a Solaris 10 global zone to a Solaris10 branded zone on a Solaris 11 global zone fails when using one of following methods:
1) Attaching a Solaris 10 non-global zone to a Solaris 11 server. For example:
- Move the LUN with the zone path from Solaris 10 global zone to the Solaris 11 global zone.
- Create the configuration for the Solaris10 branded zone on the Solaris 11 global zone via zonecfg.
- Attach the Solaris 10 non-global zone to the Solaris 11 server. This fails with the error seen below:
2) Installing a 'sparse' native zone from Solaris 10 to a branded Solaris 10 zone on Solaris 11 using "zoneadm -z zonename install" fails with error:
"The image was created with an incompatible libc.so.1 hwcap lofs mount."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document