Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2014
Applies to:Sun Virtual Library Extension (VLE) - Version 1.4 to 1.4 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We have noticed that the VLE vRTDs that were attached to the new VLE cluster are starting to go Fail/Offline?
The symptom for this problem can be confirmed using the following steps:
- Obtain a VLE support file bundle for the time the error took place.
Specifically we need to look at the vlelog file for the time in question.
- Uncompress the support file bundle (not necessary if direct connected).
- Open the vlelog file for the time in question.
- Search for the word 'SHUTDOWN' (without the quote marks). The SHUTDOWN signifies a vRTD pathgroup being terminated which causes the vRTD to go offline.
- A few lines above the SHUTDOWN look for a line similar to the following:
INFO storage.vtvdataservice.VtvDataServiceClient - Unable to connected to VTV Data Service at 172.17.1.1:62000 retry exhausted.
- If the line above is found then that is confirmation that this knowledge document fits this problem.
Please note that this problem tends to take place during busy processing times.
Possible recent upgrade to VLE 1.4.0 microcode.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms