How to Use an Oracle Solaris 10 Zone Cluster to Easily Migrate Applications to Oracle Solaris 11 Environments
(Doc ID 1626405.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Solaris Cluster - Version OSC 4.1 to OSC 4.1 [Release 4.0]
The objective of this article is to show how to migrate applications from an Oracle Solaris 10 clustered environment into an Oracle Solaris 11 environment with minimal effort. The following are the steps for this procedure:
- Preparing the source systems for migration
- Preparing the Oracle Solaris 10 Zones cluster on the target systems
Note: The procedure in this article assumes that a two-node target cluster is already set up with the Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.1 software. See "How to Install and Configure a Two-Node Cluster" for instructions on how to configure a two-node cluster on Oracle Solaris 11.
- Installing the zone cluster
- Installing the cluster software in the zone cluster (optional)
- Re-creating the application setup (in this example, the database) on the target systems
- Verifying failover
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!