Oracle Exalytics Patchset 4 (PS4) Now Available for Oracle Exalytics (Includes Linux Kernel Updates)
(Doc ID 1628965.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2020
Applies to:Exalytics In-Memory Machine X2-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle Exalytics Software - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Exalytics Patchset 4 (PS4) is now available. This cumulative patchset (PS) may be applied on Exalytics environments during new machine delivery and setup, or on existing Exalytics servers that have been upgraded to PS3 (image version 188.8.131.52.0).
PS4 includes firmware, security and configuration utility updates and a number of bug fixes. PS4 includes the first Linux kernel update for Exalytics servers. Once installed, the Exalytics kernel will be updated to Linux kernel 5.8 (2.6.32-400.11.1.el5uek).
PS4 also includes several new features as described in "New Features in Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 4 (184.108.40.206)" in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation and Administration Guide for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Exalytics Software Release 220.127.116.11 for Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4, E49602-01.
When fully installed, Exalytics PS4, upgrades the Exalytics server to version 18.104.22.168.0 and upgrades the product stack to:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 22.214.171.124.1 (126.96.36.199.140114)
- Oracle TimesTen (TT) 188.8.131.52+
Optional software includes:
- Oracle BI Applications 184.108.40.206.1
- Oracle Endeca 3.1 (optional component with PS1 and PS2)
- Oracle Essbase 220.127.116.11.101 (optional component with PS1 and PS2) and 18.104.22.168.500
Full certification information for versions, or products, not listed above is available in <Note 1505616.2> Information Center: Certification Information For Oracle Exalytics.
Step 1 - Review Documentation
Exalytics Patchset 4 (PS4) includes software updates and patches which are described below.
Complete patch installation instructions are described in Section 2 Applying Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 4 (22.214.171.124), of the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation and Administration Guide for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Exalytics Software Release 126.96.36.199 for Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4, E49602-01.
Please note that different installation steps are required for non-virtualized (bare metal) Exalytics servers and virtualized (OVM) Exalytics servers. See the following sections as appropriate to your environment:
It is recommended that you also review the Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Release Notes Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4 Release 1 (1.0), E49604-02 for known issues, workarounds and document errata.
Step 2 - Download software updates and patches.
Your upgrade to Exalytics PS4 will include software components available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS).
A. Software updates available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:
1. Exalytics software may be located by searching on the "Oracle Business Intelligence" product and "Linux x86-64" platform. Select the link for "Oracle Exalytics Software Media Pack for Linux x86-64" as shown below:
2. Download Oracle Exalytics Base Image 188.8.131.52 for Linux x86-64 (used to upgrade the image file from earlier image to 184.108.40.206). You do not need to download the OVM updates if you are using a "bare metal" Exalytics server.
3. Download OBIEE 220.127.116.11 and TimesTen 18.104.22.168 directly from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
4. Optional software included in the media pack may be downloaded as desired (i.e. EPM, Endeca).
B. Specific product patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS):
NOTE: If any of the hyper-links listed below do not work, you may download the patches by clicking the "Patches and Updates" tab in MOS and copying the Patch ID (number only) into the Search window.
- Firmware Update (22.214.171.124.b) - <Patch 16404931> Sun Server X2-4 (X4470 M2) SW 1.4 Firmware (BIOS and ILOM)
- Oracle Exalytics Base Image 126.96.36.199.0 (downloaded from Software Delivery Cloud)
- Oracle BI EE 188.8.131.52.1 Patchset - <Patch 17886497> - OBIEE BUNDLE PATCH 184.108.40.206.140114.
This patch may only be applied if your existing/or upgraded OBIEE version is 220.127.116.11+.
See OBIEE 11g 18.104.22.168.140225 Bundle Patch is Available for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Exalytics <Document 1626928.1>.
- Oracle TimesTen 22.214.171.124 - You must first upgrade TimesTen to version 126.96.36.199.
See <Note 761451.1> HOWTO : Find And Download Specific Versions Of Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database From My Oracle Support (MOS) for full TT software update.
Once upgraded to TT version 188.8.131.52, you may apply <Patch 17988743> TIMESTEN 184.108.40.206.1 RELEASE.
- Oracle Essbase 220.127.116.11.101 - see <Note 1396084.1> Available Patch Sets and Patch Set Updates for Oracle Hyperion Essbase
- Oracle Essbase 18.104.22.168.500 - see <Note 1637267.1> Hyperion Essbase 22.214.171.124.500 Patch Set Update (Patch 17767299, 17767301, 17767302, 17767307)
Step 3 - Install/Apply Updates
Patches and product updates need to be applied in the specific order indicated in:
Section 2 Applying Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 4 (126.96.36.199), Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation and Administration Guide for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Exalytics Software Release 188.8.131.52 for Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4, E49602-01
If you have an existing Exalytics machine with any OBIEE 184.108.40.206 version, download the OBIEE 220.127.116.11 software and do an in-place upgrade. This is accomplished by performing a software only install and then following the steps in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Upgrade Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Release 1 (18.104.22.168.0), Section 1.7 refers to moving from versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, or 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206. It is suggested that you use Table 1-17 Summary of Steps to Apply the Oracle BI 220.127.116.11 Patch Set as a task list to accomplish your upgrade.
If you have an existing TimesTen product, perform an in-place upgrade as described in the Exalytics Installation Guide and <Note 1561142.1> HOWTO : Upgrade Timesten On Exalytics.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Step 1 - Review Documentation|
|Exalytics Patchset 4 (PS4) includes software updates and patches which are described below.|
|Step 2 - Download software updates and patches.|
|Your upgrade to Exalytics PS4 will include software components available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS).|
|A. Software updates available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:|
|B. Specific product patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS):|
|Step 3 - Install/Apply Updates|