Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: Storage Commands Sent to Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances Return Error: Error code: 255 (code EAK_RESPONSETOOLARGE)
(Doc ID 1644445.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - Version 3.3.2 to 3.5 [Release 3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) fails to receive expected command script responses from Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances that are configured for use with a VirtualBox or Hyper-V Desktop Provider.
Any of the following administrative actions may fail to complete:
- Cloning of new Desktops from a Template
- Creation of new Template revisions
- Duplication of Templates or Desktops
- Deletion of Templates or Desktops
- Importing of new Templates or Desktops
Examination of the VDI cacao logs show the following type error messages:
Possible changes include:
- Upgrades to the ZFS Storage Appliance firmware to a newer revision
- Exceeding 1000-1200 combined desktops/template LUN volumes on the the storage appliance
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document