Last updated on APRIL 17, 2017
Applies to:Sun Flash F20 PCIe Card - Version All Versions and later
F40 Flash Accelerator Card - Version All Versions and later
Flash Accelerator F80 PCIe Card - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Sun F20, F40 and F80 Flash Accelerator PCIe cards all have their own unique utility to manage, report, and maintain the card.
- The F20 uses /opt/sun-ssm/sbin/fwupdate
- The F40 uses a unique binary called ./ddcli
- The F80 uses a another unique binary called ./ddcli
None of these utilities installs with the standard operating system. Each one needs to be subsequently installed.
- The F20 fwupdate utility is installed by downloading the Hardware Management Pack Software for your Server.
- The F40 and F80 latest packages (SW 2.0) for each card can be downloaded via the "patches and updates" tab in MOS, select "Product or Family(Advanced)" option an enter "Flash", there you can select the appropriate Flash device and version; note the ddcli utility was converged in SW 2.0 to manage both F40 and F80 cards, though firmware for each package is still unique to the card.
You will see that the utilities load in unique directories. (Using SPARC in this example)
- The F20 installs fwupdate in /opt/sun-ssm/sbin/fwupdate.
- Prior to SW 2.0, the F40 ddcli utility installed in ./Solaris-Sparc/Utilities/DDCLI_Solaris_SPARC/ddcli
- Prior to SW 2.0, the F80 ddcli utility installed in ./ddcli.
The Explorer script is unaware of fwupdate, and does not know of the unique install directories for ddcli. Due to this,
- You cannot collect F20 data with Explorer.
- You can only collect F40 data with Explorer if you copy ddcli into /usr/bin and run Explorer with specific options.
- You can only collect F80 data with Explorer if you copy ddcli into /usr/bin and run Explorer with specific options.
To run Explorer and collect data for the F40 and F80, after copying ddcli into /usr/bin, use these options:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms