Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance: Changes to ZFS Appliance Support Bundle Uploads
(Doc ID 1933692.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2021
Applies to:Sun Storage 7310 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
Sun Storage 7210 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-BA - Version All Versions and later
Sun Storage 7110 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
Sun Storage 7410 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
Oracle Support has made changes to the way we receive customer data by establishing a new corporate data transport capability. As a result, we are altering the endpoint for the embedded file upload capability in the ZFS Appliance.
The end points will switch from the Legacy Sun Microsystems supportfiles.sun.com anonymous FTP/HTTP upload site, to our new FTPS capable transport.oracle.com site.
To ensure the best possible support experience Oracle Support recommends you upgrade your ZFS Appliances as follows:
- 7110, 7210, 7310, 7410 upgrade to 2011.1.9.2 (or later)
- 7120, 7320, 7420 upgrade to 2011.1.9.2 or later, OR 2013.1.2.13 (or later)
- ZS3-2, ZS3-4, ZS3-BA (Backup Appliance) upgrade to 2013.1.2.13 (or later)
2011.1.9.2 is contained in patch 20311531.
2013.1.2.13 is contained in patch 20275084.
After upgrading, users will notice the following changes to how Auto Service Request (ASR) and Support File Uploads are managed on the appliance:
- You will need to re-register for ASR if you were previously registered. You are required to register for ASR, to use the support bundle upload feature.
- All Bundle uploads require phone home registration. This means the Single Sign-On in the phone home needs to be associated with the CSI for the product account. Failure to have phone home registered with an appropriate SSO will result in an HTTP 403 Forbidden, for unauthorized access.
- All Bundle uploads require an Service Request (SR) Number. Failure to do so will cause a delay in service and may cause Oracle Support to fail to retrieve the bundle altogether.
- Bundles will appear as an attachment to your SR(s) in My Oracle Support.
- SSL port 443 will need to be opened to allow the bundle to upload.
NOTE: Customers running a release without the change:
- Bundle uploads will continue to be allowed using the User Interface until the beginning of April 2015, to allow for the install base to transition to the new code. After that point, support files uploads using this method are expected to be shut down.
- ASR telemetry and SR creation will not be affected, although customers may experience delays in resolution to their SRs.
- Customers will need to download any support file bundle locally, and upload using the methods described within Document 1547088.1 entitled "How to Upload Files to Oracle Support".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document