Node Constantly Booting into the Grub Menu After Reboot Step of Oracle BDA Mammoth V4.0.0 Upgrade
(Doc ID 1935983.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Big Data Appliance X4-2 Hardware - Version All Versions and later
After the 'reboot' step of an Oracle Big Data Appliance upgrade to V4.0.0 one node continuously boots into the Grub menu.
Additional Troubleshooting for three potential update problems shows no indication of errors. The three things being updated during the 'reboot' step are:
- A new kernel is installed.
- Both copies of grub.conf are updated.
- imageinfo kernel information is updated.
In the case here, all look to be updated appropriately because:
1. Checking both copies of grub.conf i.e. /boot/grub/grub.conf and /usbdisk/boot/grub/grub.conf confirms that both were updated on all nodes of the cluster and that all are identical. This rules out the case that one copy was not updated when the kernel was upgraded. (Note that if usbdisk is not mounted, mount it with "mount usbdisk" before checking /usbdisk/boot/grub/grub.conf.)
2. The output from "rpm -qa|grep kernel-uek|sort" is the same on all nodes of the cluster.
3. The output from 'imageinfo' is correct on all nodes of the cluster.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document