Oracle Exalytics Patchset 5 (PS5) Now Available for Oracle Exalytics (Includes Linux Kernel Updates)
(Doc ID 1960397.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2019
Applies to:Exalytics In-Memory Machine X3-4 - Version All Versions and later
Exalytics In-Memory Machine X2-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle Exalytics Software
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Also applicable to Exalytics X4-4 systems.
Oracle Exalytics Patchset 5 (PS5) is now available. This cumulative patchset (PS) may be applied on Exalytics X2-4/X3-4 and X4-4 models only. It is not applicable to Exalytics T58 systems. PS5 may be installed during new machine delivery and setup, or on existing Exalytics servers that have been upgraded to PS4 (image version 220.127.116.11.0).
PS5 includes the latest firmware, security and configuration utility updates and a number of bug fixes. PS5 updates the Exalytics image version to 18.104.22.168 and Linux kernel to version 2.6.39-400.128.17.el5uek. If PS4 is currently installed, the Linux kernel will show version 2.6.32-400.11.1.el5uek. PS3 and lower will show the initial kernel version, 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5. These kernel versions are found on Oracle Exalytics bare metal machines. OVM machines will have slightly different versions. Consult the certification matrix for details.
PS5 also includes several new features as described in "New Features in Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 5 (22.214.171.124)" in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation and Administration Guide for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Release 126.96.36.199 for Exalytics X2-4, X3-4 and X4-4, E57263-03. Highlights of new features are:
- Bare metal kernel update to version 2.6.39-400.128.17.el5uek
- Oracle VM Server upgrade to 3.2.8- UEK2 kernel 2.6.39-400.128.17.el5uek
- Oracle VM Guest kernel upgrade to UEK2- 2.6.39-400.xxx.xx.el5uek
- New Capacity on Demand (COD) Utility to optionally configurate the number of active core processors on the Exalytics Machine. See <Note 1924981.1> How to Enable Capacity On Demand For Exalytics X2-4, X3-4 and X4-4 Machines.
- New certification for Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 188.8.131.52.0 - 64 bit Production with In-Memory Option (data warehouse use case for PS4 and later only). See <Note 1925793.1> Installing Oracle Database 12c In-Memory (IMDB) for Oracle Exalytics.
When fully installed, Exalytics PS5, upgrades the Exalytics server to version 184.108.40.206.0 and upgrades the product stack to:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 220.127.116.11.1+ (18.104.22.168.140114 or later)
- Oracle TimesTen (TT) 22.214.171.124+
Optional software includes:
- Oracle BI Applications 126.96.36.199.1 or 188.8.131.52.1
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (3.0 and 3.1) and Oracle Endeca Server (7.5.1 and 7.6.0) - PS 1 and later
- Oracle Essbase 184.108.40.206.101 (optional component with PS1 and PS2), EPM 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168.500 (PS3, PS4 and PS5) and EPM 22.214.171.124 (PS5).
Full certification information for versions, or products, not listed above is available in <Note 1505616.2> Information Center: Certification Information For Oracle Exalytics.
Step 1 - Review Documentation
Exalytics Patchset 5 (PS5) includes software updates and patches which are described below.
Complete patch installation instructions are described in Section 2 Applying Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 5 (126.96.36.199), of the Oracle Exalytics Installation Guide.
Please note that different installation steps are required for non-virtualized (bare metal) Exalytics servers and virtualized (OVM) Exalytics servers. See the following sections as appropriate to your environment:
It is recommended that you also review the Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Release Notes Exalytics X2-4, X3-4, X4-4 Release 1 (1.0), E57265-01 for known issues, workarounds and document errata.
Step 2 - Download software updates and patches.
Your upgrade to Exalytics PS5 will include software components available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS).
A. Software updates available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:
If you are planning to upgrade to a release post PS5, and only need the base image upgrade utility, you may download <Patch 20506570> PATCHSET UPGRADE UTILITY EXALYTICS BASE IMAGE 188.8.131.52 PS5 FOR BARE METAL X86-64 from My Oracle Support. This patch is for bare metal servers only. For help with OVM server upgrade, please contact Oracle Support as needed.
B. Specific product patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS):
NOTE: If any of the hyper-links listed below do not work, you may download the patches by clicking the "Patches and Updates" tab in MOS and copying the Patch ID (number only) into the Search window.
- Firmware Update (184.108.40.206+) - <Patch 18391569> Sun Server X2-4 SW 1.4.2 Firmware (MOS Patch)
- Oracle Exalytics Base Image 220.127.116.11.0 Upgrade Utility (<Patch 20506570> PATCHSET UPGRADE UTILITY EXALYTICS BASE IMAGE 18.104.22.168 PS5 FOR BARE METAL X86-64)
- Oracle OBIEE 22.214.171.124.1+ Patchset - <Patch 20124371> - OBIEE BUNDLE PATCH 126.96.36.199.150120 (MOS Patch)
This patch may only be applied if your existing/or upgraded OBIEE version is 188.8.131.52+. See <Note 1962651.1> - OBIEE 11g 184.108.40.206.150120 Bundle Patch is Available for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Exalytics.
- Oracle TimesTen 220.127.116.11.2 - You must first upgrade TimesTen to version 18.104.22.168.
See <Note 761451.1> HOWTO : Find And Download Specific Versions Of Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database From My Oracle Support (MOS) for full TT software update.
Once upgraded to TT version 22.214.171.124.2, you may apply <Patch 19732875> TIMESTEN 126.96.36.199.8 RELEASE (MOS Patch).
- Oracle Essbase 188.8.131.52.101 - see <Note 1396084.1> Available Patch Sets and Patch Set Updates for Oracle Hyperion Essbase
- Oracle Essbase 184.108.40.206.500 - <Patch 17767302> see <Note 1637267.1> Hyperion Essbase 220.127.116.11.500 Patch Set Update (Patch 17767299, 17767301, 17767302, 17767307) (MOS Patch)
- Oracle BI Applications 18.104.22.168.1 - download from Software Delivery Cloud
- Oracle In-Memory Database 12c - download from Software Delivery Cloud (Licensed separately - contact your sales representative for details.)
Step 3 - Install/Apply Updates
Patches and product updates need to be applied in the specific order indicated in:
Section 2 Applying Oracle Exalytics Release 1 Patchset 5 (22.214.171.124), Installation and Administration Guide for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine Exalytics Software Release 126.96.36.199 for Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4, E49602-01
If you have an existing Exalytics machine with any OBIEE 188.8.131.52 version, download the OBIEE 184.108.40.206 software and do an in-place upgrade. This is accomplished by performing a software only install and then following the steps in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Upgrade Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Release 1 (220.127.116.11.0), Section 1.7 refers to moving from versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, or 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. It is suggested that you use Table 1-17 Summary of Steps to Apply the Oracle BI 184.108.40.206 Patch Set as a task list to accomplish your upgrade.
If you have an existing TimesTen product, perform an in-place upgrade as described in the <Note 1561142.1> HOWTO : Upgrade Timesten On Exalytics.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Step 1 - Review Documentation|
|Exalytics Patchset 5 (PS5) includes software updates and patches which are described below.|
|Step 2 - Download software updates and patches.|
|Your upgrade to Exalytics PS5 will include software components available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS).|
|A. Software updates available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:|
|B. Specific product patches available on My Oracle Support (MOS):|
|Step 3 - Install/Apply Updates|