Ops Center Local Database Critical Patch Update (CPU) Process
(Doc ID 1968037.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Ops Center
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To apply a CPU to a running Ops Center installation:
- Read, understand, and download Oracle CPU's from MOS Doc ID 1618213.1
- Always download the patch rather than copy it from somewhere. We want to avoid mismatching the os-architecture you are trying to patch.
- Download the latest opatch utility for your specfic platform. Typically that will be here: https://updates.oracle.com/ARULink/PatchDetails/process_form?patch_num=6880880
- The opatch and opatch utility should be downloaded to the $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch location - for Ops Center this will typically be /var/opt/sun/xvm/oracle/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/ocdbhome/OPatch
- Read the instructions in the patch's README.html. Ensure the patch is cumulative with previous patches, most are.
- Backup OPScenter to have an failback: # ecadm backup
- Stop the Op Center Services: # ecadm stop -w
- Follow the instructions in the README.html and install the patch - they could vary from the example that follows.
- start the Op Center Services: # ecadm start
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Example: Applying a CPU on Solaris x86 and Linux|