Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2017
Applies to:SPARC M5-32 - Version All Versions and later
SPARC M6-32 - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CAP PROBLEM OVERVIEW: Procedure to update Mx-32 System Firmware
To report errors or request improvements on this procedure, please go to My Oracle Support, and put a comment on Doc ID: 1981675.1
- when upgrading from 9.0.2.c or earlier, all HOSTs MUST be stopped before starting upgrade
- when upgrading from 9.3.0.c , ensure SP0 is the active SP before upgrading, check the patch readme for details
- all the SPs and SPPs are updated at the same time from the Active SP, no specific user interaction is required to update the Standby SP and SPPs
- the image for M5-32 and M6-32 is named Sun_System_Firmware-x_x_x_x-SPARC_M5-32+M6-32.pkg where x_x_x_x is the SysFW version
- although upgrading System Firmware from CLI is the prefered method, it's possible to upgrade from the BUI : SP / ILOM Administration / Maintenance / Firmware Update.
- to ensure the SP is fully functional, you may choose to reset the SP before starting the firmware update procedure (add approximately 25 minutes)
Before starting the firmware update procedure, obtain the latest System Firmware by downloading the appropriate patch to a location that is network-connected with the active SP unit. At the time of last modification of this document, the latest version of System Firmware is 9.6.8.b. To obtain information on what the latest version of System Firmware is, and on their patch locations, please visit "SPARC M5-32 and M6-32 Servers: Firmware Image Software Version Matrix Information (Doc ID 1540816.1)".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms