NETRA 1290 FATAL: PROM_PANIC[0x0]: ECC Error: Uncorrectable Error
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2018
Applies to:Sun Netra 1290 Server - Version Not Applicable to Not Applicable [Release N/A]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
System may fail to boot reporting "PROM_PANIC" error signature, under the following scenario:
- Netra 1290 can be powered on successfully ( e.g. after a planned Maintenance Window )
- at point issue is observed, complete POST output is missing, or POST was run but system resources passed POST; domain needs to be up&running so a time consuming max level POST for the entire platform is not an option
- on LOM there may be no errors in showerrorbuffer and showboards output shows that all resources passed POST and are active
- host doesn't boot properly, even if "auto-boot?" is set to "true"
- on console output the following ( abbreviated ) logs or similar ones appear in a loop:
This behavior has been seen after SB0 replacement, but may occur in different circumstances also.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms