xDR Session Stopped, IXP Server Is Crashing or Top Shows High Load Because of IxpForward Process
Last updated on MAY 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Performance Intelligence Center (PIC) Software - Version 7.1 to 9.0.4 [Release 7.0 to 9.0]
Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router (DSR) - Version DSR 3.0 to DSR 5.1 [Release DSR 3.0 to DSR 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following symptoms can happen:
- xDR session stopped with following log in IxpStore or IxpOperate:
- IXP server is rebooting automatically. hplog -v command output shows Automatic Server Recovery (ASR) has been triggered.
- top shows high load (over 100)
- IxpForward use maximum allocatable memory on a 32 bits operating system (around 3 Gigabytes)
- IxpForward log contains "Cannot allocate memory" messages.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms