Release Announcement - Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c Release 3 (184.108.40.206.0) Available
(Doc ID 2023374.1)
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2021
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Ops Center - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are happy to announce that on June 22, 2015, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c Release 3 was released to manufacturing (RTM) for all platforms. This includes:
- Enterprise Manager - Ops Center 12cR3 (220.127.116.11.0) for Oracle Solaris x86 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Enterprise Manager - Ops Center 12cR3 (18.104.22.168.0) for Oracle Solaris SPARC (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Enterprise Manager - Ops Center 12cR3 (22.214.171.124.0) for Linux
Ops Center 12cR3 is a quality and development release containing the following improvements and new functionality
- Customer Focused Quality
- Fixed 119 Bugs/ERs directly associated with 66 unique customers
- Key improved customer areas include: Storage & Library Management, Logical Domain Management, Networking, OS Provisioning, User Interface Performance, Zone Management, and Oracle SuperCluster Support
- Upgrades to Apache Web Server, Glassfish, OpenSSL, and Java technologies
- Total of 500 bugs and ERs addressed
- Improved documentation with clearer procedures, use of scenarios and use cases, and presented in a new library design
- Performance and Scalability Improvements
- Faster start-up times for Enterprise Controller (EC), Proxy Controller (PC), and Virtualization Controller (VC)
- Reduced footprint for EC Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- UI performance improvements
- Up to 66% reduction in Logical Domain (LDOM) provisioning times
- Reduction in LDOM guest creation time
- Scale tested with over 3500 assets, and 500 assets per proxy
- New Platform Support
- Oracle SuperCluster v2.0 software support
- X5-4 and X5-8 server support
- Solaris Kernel Zones Support
- Discovery and agent based complete lifecycle management
- Open stack interoperability
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) on SPARC - EM integration
- LDOM CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations orchestrated by EM Cloud Control via EM Ops Center CLI/API
- Support for DBaaS "single instance DB, RAC", and MWaaS
- Bare metal to Cloud in 3 steps
- LDOM 3.2 Features Support
- PVLAN and MaxBW support
- Monitor Fiber Channel SRIOV
The Ops Center 12cR3 downloads may be accessed:
- Through the "Product Upgrade" internal function for existing customers - available after June 22, 2015
- From OTN - after June 29, 2015
- from OSDC - after July 7, 2015
- Product documentation may be accessed after June 24, 2015 from the Documentation Library
Please note that this section is subject to change in the next weeks, so you will find new information here.
Please come back regularly!
Before you upgrade, please note that there are known issues that you need to be aware of.
Caution:If you are upgrading an existing version of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center, refer to the Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center Upgrade Guide before attempting to upgrade. All instructions must be followed as stated in the Upgrade document.
Caution:During installation, Java7u51 and Java 6_71 causes failures in some components. See the following bugs in the Known Issues section in this document for more information and workarounds:
Please read the Documentation for Solutions and Workarounds:
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager Ops Center Readme 12c Release 3 (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager Ops Center Release Notes 12c Release 3 (188.8.131.52.0)
Again: it is important that you are aware of these issues before you upgrade!
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document