Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle FS1-2 Flash Storage System - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal of this Document is to assist the reader in moving a Drive Enclosure from one FS1 to another FS1.
Please make note of the following:
- Oracle Advanced Customer Services is available to perform this process for those that do not feel comfortable doing it themselves.
- It is strongly recommended that the FS1 is updated to the most current software version before beginning this activity, to avoid the risk of encountering Bugs during the move that have already been fixed.
- Before the Drive Enclosure is removed, any data residing on it must first be migrated off of the Drives in the Enclosure. Moving a Drive Enclosure with data intact is not supported.
- The system must have enough free space to enable the migration of the extents off of the Drive Enclosure that is being removed.
- If removing multiple Drive Enclosures from the same FS1, following the process below, one should exclude ALL of the Drive Groups on ALL of the Enclosures being removed at the same time.
- Read this Document in full and also the "Oracle FS1-2 Flash Storage System Expansion Guide" before beginning to become familiar with the steps involved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms