Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2015
Applies to:Acme Packet Legacy Platform Software - Version E-Cz7.3.0 to E-Cz7.3.0 [Release E-Cz7.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
transcoding function on these SBC to translate G.711 to G.729 and vice versa. Most call flows are audible and transcoding is working as expected.
However, the following call flow has issues:
1. a call centre agent (Agent A) using G.729 takes incoming call from a customer queue, discusses the customer's enquiry and then determines they need to speak to an alternate team
2. Agent A then attempts a 'warm transfer' (definition below) to an agent using G.711 (Agent B).
3. With the customer on transfer-hold, Agent A makes a call to Agent B to discuss the customer issue before handing the customer over to Agent B.
4. In this circumstance, Agent B (G.711) is unable to hear Agent A (G.729).
5. If the transfer is completed, and the customer is finally connected to Agent B, Agent B and the customer are able to converse without issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms